The Doctors and staff at Standish Street Surgery would like to thank the Myrtleford community for their patience during some very difficult, unprecedented and challenging times. It is clear to say that it has been a bumpy road with Doctor Shortages, a pandemic and an increase in patient numbers to the surgery.
- Thank you for being patient as we work very hard to accommodate the whole community
- Thank you for being polite to our team as being aggressive or grumpy does not help or achieve anything positive.
- Thank you for making your appointment at least 4 weeks in advance to have ongoing prescriptions written
You are as important as ever to us and we are committed to your health and wellbeing.
There are ways that you can help too:
- When you book an appointment please tell staff, as best you can, about the urgency of your appointment so we can do our best to look after your needs but also the needs of others who may also need urgent medical attention.
- If you cannot attend an appointment, please call in advance to cancel your appointment. This means we can give the appointment to someone else who really needs it.
Test results can come back normal and require no follow up with you. Some test results may indicate the need for an appointment without delay. Whilst other test results may not be normal but need to be discussed with your Doctor sometime in the near future.
If you have been referred for any tests, we advise that you make an appointment in 3 to 4 weeks to discuss the results with your Doctor. If you need an earlier appointment that what has been scheduled we will notify you.
If you have an emergency you should dial 000 (triple zero).
There are no changes to our regular appointment booking system with your usual Doctor. We advise that you book any regular visits at least 3 to 4 weeks in advance.
If you need an urgent, same day appointment please:
Contact the surgery by phone or present to the surgery. Your condition will be checked by our specially trained Nurse who will then be able to determine how quickly you need to be seen by a Doctor, you may then be consulted by the Duty Doctor. The reason we do it this way is to make sure that patients who are needing the most urgent medical attention are seen sooner by the Doctor. This means that there may be a wait in seeing the Doctor at times.
- We will still be able to provide urgent scripts, medical certificates and referrals but you must be aware that you may wait longer if there are other unwell patients.
- We are all in this together, so please keep up the great work to ensure that your wellbeing and the wellbeing of those in our great community is the best it can be!
- We are engaging Locum GP’s to help fill the current shortage.
If you have any questions please phone 03 5751 9900. We are always happy to answer any questions.